Monday, September 24, 2012

From Blah to Fun!

 

Last week, I picked up a filing cabinet at a business that was closing down.  All of the other cabinets the same size were $75, but the one I chose was only $25.  The lock is missing, a drawer slides came unwelded, there was some rust, but it just screamed “PROJECT” to me, so I grabbed it and ran.

This is the sad filing cabinet, before it got some style:

20120923_134405 

Add some fabric, Mod Podge, knobs, etc and this is the result:

 

20120924_182904

I may add some ribbon details, but I haven’t decided quite yet.  I did learn one important thing when taking on a project like this one – SAND OR SEAL ANY RUST!  Don’t ask how I know this, but it might play into why I may or may not add ribbon trim. ;)

Until next time!

Leah

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. It looks so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Now, I want a filing cabinet to decorate! lol

    ReplyDelete