Friday, March 16, 2012

Refilling Wet Mop Bottles

I promised you guys a tutorial for refilling Wet Mop spray bottles and here it is - finally.  I'm a little late. ;)

The concept of the cleaner in a bottle is great, but it's not so great for the wallet.  I also like the idea of being able to mix my own cleaners, should I choose to do so.  That led me to search the internet for a way to pop off that *mumble* stupid *swear* bottle with the cap that just wouldn't *grr* budge.

Sorry about the lack of pics!

The first step is to loosen the plastic cap so you can easily pop it off of the bottle.  To do this, put a small pot of water on the stove and heat to boiling.  Once the water is boiling, hold the bottle upside down in the pan so that just the cap is submerged.  After about 90 seconds, lift the bottle out of the water, grab onto the lid with a towel, and twist the cap.  It should pop right off.

The second step is to make the cap permanently removable.  If you flip it over and look inside, there are little teeth all the way around the rim.  Get rid of them.  Clip them off using nail clippers, small scissors, a Dremel, whatever you have handy, but please be careful to not cut yourself if you get too creative!

Now you're ready to refill the bottle.  I personally like to use Pine Sol in my bottle but you can certainly use any cleaner.  Just be sure to rinse your bottle out completely if you change from one chemical to the next so you do not create a science experiment!

Happy mopping!

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment