Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Word Art

A couple of months ago, I was browsing through some of my favorite blogs when I came across this post at Antsi-Pants.  I love the color red and the little sign she did for Valentine's Day caught my eye.  I really LOVE the praise & worship song that has these words in it and what a blessing to see this reminder of just how much God loves us every single day!  I knew that I wanted to make my own version of it for my entryway wall.....just a little bigger.  Here is how I did it....

First of all,  I bought an 18x24 inch canvas (it was 30% off already and I was also able to use a 50% off coupon), and then painted it bright red with acrylic paint.  I ended up having to put 3 coats of paint on it to get it covered, but that is to be expected with the color red.


 Next, with my Silhouette I cut out the words I wanted to use in white vinyl.  I then applied the letters to the painted canvas.  Unfortunately, this was NOT easy.  ha ha!  The vinyl did not want to stick to the canvas very well at all....no matter how much I tried to make it.  That led me to my next step...


Thank goodness for Mod Podge!  I applied 2 coats of Mod Podge over the entire surface (allowing each coat to try thoroughly before applying the next).


Here is the finished product!  I actually really like how the Mod Podge finished it up.  It really makes the red pop and most importantly, the vinyl won't fall off now.  ha ha!
 

I can't wait to get this hung in my entryway.  Wordart like this is such a fun way to display a favorite quote, saying, etc.... without costing a fortune!  

No comments:

Post a Comment