Friday, November 4, 2011

Once upon a time . . .

My mother-in-law means well.  She really does.  She just doesn't know our taste.  And our taste does not include Cinderella and cute kitties. 

The last time we went for a visit, we were given a clock.

 

A clock featuring Cinderella. 

 

Cinderella with a pumpkin coach.  And fairy godmothers.  And it plays music on the hour. 

This is probably a good time to mention the youngest person in our household is 18.  *shakes head*  I tried to sell the clock on Craigslist, but no one from there wanted it either.  So I had no choice.  I had to make it into something that suited our style.  

First step - disassembly. 


Second step - creating a new background out of foam core. 

 

Third step - create something new.  Mod podge, scrapbooking paper, and a little bit of time, and I came up with a new design that is more along the lines of what we might purchase for ourselves.


The finished product isn't perfect (cutting ovals from foamcore in an exact size is quite difficult without the right tools), but I like it.  Now, I can get rid of the plain, plastic $5 clock that is hanging in our living room and replace it with this!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment